Position Summary (But not limited to):Responsible for receiving and dispatching shipments, customizing packaging, and maintaining the warehouse. Manage a team of 3-4 people.
Accountabilities/Duties (but not limited to):- Receives goods into inventory, including unpacking and verifying contents against appropriate documents; ensures received goods are accurately input into the computer tracking system
- Prepares packages to be sent out in accordance with information on the packing slip, picks, and packs goods for shipment as per customer and branch orders.
- Ensures goods are shipped in accordance with organizational best practices and customer requirements
- Maintain Bills of Lading, book and arrange carriers for timely delivery of goods.
- Stock shelves with received shipments, using the appropriate sorting/organization system and equipment, including forklifts.
- Files packing slips from suppliers and co-workers
- Ensures the warehouse is always maintained in a clean and organized fashion
- Operates forklift and activities within the work area in a safe manner.
- Track and monitor warehouse supplies, skids, labels etc.
- Co-ordinate freight logistics. Inbound and outbound
- Work with Customer Service team to ensure shipments are received and shipped on time
- Understanding of cross border shipping requirements
- Ensure FIFO procedures are followed
- Ensure accurate bin locations are maintained
- Ability to communicate and manage a team of 3-4 people
Qualifications (but not limited to):- Punctual and positive attitude
- Eager to learn
- Good communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem Solver
- Required to lift packages up to 75 lbs.
- Required to perform handy and physical tasks
Education & Experience
Education: High School; valid Forklift license/certification; valid driver’s license
Work Experience: 2 years; previous experience in a similar role
Knowledge: Competent in Microsoft Office.
Job placement is for of our Milton Ontario office.
Competitive wage and competitive benefit plan are offered.